The Web Development team provides support for the College of LAS in two general areas: Website Support and Application Development. Our work often intersects with LAS Marketing and Communications, mainly on publicly facing websites. We also collaborate on representation of the College when it comes to campus web committees and helping our departments follow UIC branding and marketing guidelines.
Web Development Services
- WordPress Red Sites
(The WordPress Red environment is provided and supported by UIC Digital Communications and ACCC.)
- Provide LAS web guidelines and consulting on different types of sites: College, department, program, research, faculty profile
- Provide first-tier technical support on any LAS Red sites
- Represent the needs of LAS on the UIC Web Advisory Committee
- Provide thorough quality review and additional training before sites go live
- Web Application Development
- Commencement RSVP
- MSLC Tracking – used in evaluating services of the Math and Sciences Learning Center
- Soft Money Budgeting
- Temperature Self Reporting – used by employees who need to return to campus; this is a form in WordPress Red with notifications to department heads, the employees (with printable wrist band) and UIC facility zone managers.