LAS IT provides technical support to LAS faculty and staff for University owned systems, with the goal of protecting research and institutional data and maximizing equipment uptime so you can get your work done. The support we provide to users and the equipment includes, but is not limited to:
- Data protection through back-up services using campus resources.
- Virus/malware protection, and remediation when necessary.
- Immediate, remote support via screen sharing, with permission of the user.
- Secure, shared file server space to protect departmental data.
- Computers and equipment must have been purchased with University funds and have a university property tag, or procurement documentation must be made available.
- Requests for support must be made through LAS IT ticketing system (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that tasks can be tracked properly.
The LAS IT support team has a mix of full-time staff, graduate students, and undergraduate student workers.
- Support is available during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm)
- We understand the importance of data security & confidentiality
- All LAS IT staff are required to successfully complete FERPA and other relevant training to understand the importance of the confidentiality of all data
Support for Research Projects
Researchers and grant writers are encouraged to contact LAS IT in order to include computing support costs in their research plans. We will help with providing recommendations regarding hardware, software, services, and support. Regardless of whether those costs can be included in the grant, we can at least help with understanding what could be involved.
Support for specialty equipment associated with research projects might be available, assuming we know how those devices work and time permits. If this is outside our expertise, we could assist in identifying other support providers.